Home of the Original SmartGirl Book Purse

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lewis Carroll SmartGirl Purse

I donated a SmartGirl Purse for a silent auction for the Kids Cancer Foundation of South Florida. From doing this I got 3 more orders. Then shortly after that I received 2 more SmartGirl Purse orders. I cannot believe how busy I am this month.

The first SmartGirl Purse is a graduation gift. She purchased the book herself and I would say she did a great job. The book itself is beautifully embossed in gold on a burgundy leather cover.
I used fun embellishments I bought at a (my favorite place to shop) scrapbooking store and the glass and gold tune beads to make the handles came from a craft store.
I thing picking out the beads, embellishments, and fabric are my favorite part of the process. I get to shop in a quilting store where I find a large fabric selection.
I had to paint the metal Tim Holtz Foliage gold because they only come in silver, bronze and pewter. The metal corners are from Tim Holtz and so are the leaves.
I gently removed the pages and rebound the book. It is ready to be read and enjoyed again.
I Love the way it turned out and I think the SmartGirl who is receiving this as a graduation gift is going to love it too. The theme for the graduation is Alice and Wonderland...perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment