Home of the Original SmartGirl Book Purse

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Alice is one SmartGirl

When I first saw this book I new I wanted to make it into a purse. First of all Alice ins my absolute childhood favorite character. I had a vinyl record read and sing along that I could not get enough of. It wasn't the Disney version but some unknown. I wish I still had it to share with my Amanda. She is the age that I was when I would act out the scenes in my room.

Search Amazon.com for alice's adventures in wonderland
The book is a beautiful pink with black with gold accents.  I found metal leave that I painted gold that I was able to embellish with. I also found gold keys to hang from the handle.
I use Swarovski crystals and the fabric is...well a perfect compliment. The handles coordinate with the book and fabric and the button is a swirly antique brass button.

I am really proud of how this came out if I may say so myself.  I hope others love it as much as I do.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment