Home of the Original SmartGirl Book Purse

Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Second SmartGirl Purse

I start with a used classic hard cover book that has some interesting details and I carefully remove the pages and put aside. Amanda will be making new artwork for the new cover. A SmartGirl loves her books.


After careful measurements I cut out the lining. Using a high quality velvet I emboss using a rubber stamp.



I sew the lining and set aside.

Some beading...Only the best; Swarovski Crystals, Swarovski Pearls and even black onyx. All of the fittings are Sterling Silver.




Two rows of Swarovski Flatbacks. One in the front and one in the back.





Putting the lining in was very tricky. No pictures I was too busy crying.





I like it. With a little more practice, I am going to be able to make them for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment